Friday, October 13, 2006

Mail Musings

It's a wonderful day, a wonderful day gone bad. I am searching for that one elusive mail from hours sraining my eyes.

e-mails have become a part and parcel of our (Software Engineers) life. Every conversation ends with "Ok...see you...mail maadu". But the conversion rate is very less. Though it takes hardly few seconds, most of us are lazy to write even a reply. Reply and Reply All are intended only for "Official mails". So, we check mails more often than we get them.

Mails are a best way to kill time when there is no work assigned, but you wont get any mails. And when there is work, you keep getting more mails, which assign you more work. Murphy's Law can best be explained for mails.

In my carrer of around 6 years I have seen two type of mails. Junk mails and Junkest mails. 99% of the mails I have got till now could have been avoided. The mails I got around 5 years back are in circulation still....

Yes, there are happy moments, mails which made me think, made me laugh like mad, made me mad etc. So, its a wonderful day...

4 comments:

Avinash said...

U back on bench dude?... ;)..

Anonymous said...

ya...almost

Shalabh said...

The worst mails are chain letters asking you to send it to 10 people else something bad is going to happen to you and the worst part is they are being sent by people whom you consider to be "reasonable"

Ashwinee said...

very true....